WARNING!: THIS BLOG CONTAINS HIGH INTENSITY OF CHEESY-NESS. A SIDE OF ME YOU MAY HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE. DO KEEP A PUKE BUCKET AT BAY.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Why It's Okay To Be Alone

There was a point in my life when I decided to go everywhere alone, did everything alone because I was so sick of having the need to have someone by my side at all times. Instead of looking for friends to accompany me shop, hang out, eat, I brought a book instead.

I also challenged myself to not play with my phone.

I observed what's around me better, (maybe it's because I just got new glasses, I donno) smiled at strangers, basically just admired everything around me (people, sky, clouds, birds, bird shit etc)


I was happy. HAPPY. Hee. I like this word a lot.

One fine rainy day I went out for dinner (With whom? Alone la) while waiting for my food, a guy came up to me and asked what I was reading.

It is just so rare to have a guy ask me that. Usually it's "Hey, nice shoes", " I like your shirt" or the classic "You're Natasha from hitz right?"

This guy defo got my attention. (sfx: wolf whistle) Andddd after a few dates later he managed to capture my heart. We're still going strong till this very day.

Moral of the story? Eat alone. Or is it bring a book wherever you go? Eh, or maybe just bring a book when you go out to eat.

You decide.

Thanks for reading, sending out virtual hugs to you now because I can.

No comments: